Nebraska State Treasurerís Office
Business Continuity Center
Since 2008, the Nebraska State Treasurerís Office has maintained its business
continuity site on two floors of the historic Whitehall Mansion in northeast
Of particular interest, says Charles Luginbill, director of IT services for the
Treasurerís Office, is the fact that this historic building that was sold to the
state by a ďloving Nebraska residentĒ and once was home to dependent children is
still serving the state. Updated and secured, it now is used as a state office
building with 900 square feet on two floors devoted to the Treasurerís Office
business continuity center for use in the event of a disaster.
What was built as a great mansion has spent most of its life in service to
children and the state, also noted Ed Zimmer, the cityís historic preservation
planner, in a 1999 interview with the Lincoln Journal Star.
According to information from the Nebraska Department of Administrative
Services, the classical revival-style house was built in 1910 by Olive White
after the death of her husband, C.C. White who was the owner of Crete Mills from
1888 until 1895. Mrs. White lived in the 18-room house until 1925 when she moved
to California. She sold her house and seven acres of land to the State of
Nebraska for use as a home for dependent children.
Mrs. White, who was a former teacher in Nebraska and Illinois, was an early
advocate for children and a strong supporter of education. She chose the site
for her Lincoln home to be close to her beloved Nebraska Wesleyan University,
where her husband was serving as president of the Board of Trustees at the time
of his death. Mrs. White died in 1935 at age 87.